Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Dude looks likes a lady..."

My wife came across an article on an 800 meter word class "woman" sprinter/runner from South Africa. The "golden girl" is being investigated on what gender she truly is beneath the spandex uniform. Considering watching "little" (I use this term ironically, because it really wasn't little) Visanthe Shiancoe pop onto our television screens during a locker room interview, I figured this wouldn't be that hard to hash out with a simple eye test to decide if this runner was a male or female. But, as I was thinking about some of my favorite local teams...a lot of these athletes have attributes that fit the opposite sex more than their own sex:


1. R(h)on(da) Gardenhire - Does your face really have to turn red like an embarrassed school girl during every game in the dugout? I know you have to wear a uniform and all, but it's not like you're doing anything to cause that much blood to flow to your cranium.

2. Mike(ah) Miller - You bug me on so many visual levels: the hair, the prancing around (even though you were supposed to be the #3 scorer for us), the nice small talk you have with the refs during games and of course your mouthguard.

3. Brett(a) Favre - The waffling back and forth drives me nuts (don't get me wrong, I love having him on the Vikes). Women do this all the time though, and the funny thing is...they are never satisfied with what they decided on...Brett(a) will probably also regret his latest comeback at some point in his life.

SBG

No comments:

Post a Comment