Sunday, November 22, 2009

Week 11 Recap: Seahawks @ Vikings

Vikings improve to 9-1 and as always...here are some random observations:

* The Metrodome...err, I mean the Mall of America Field at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome needs an upgrade on their playing surface. The field resembles the fashion phase of the patches sewn all over the jeans (but, mostly the knee area).

* Do you think the Vikings defense was worried about the "Seneca Package"? I don't think so...my reasons...Seneca Wallce is not even a top twenty threat...passing or running the ball. Second, you know Matt Hasselbeck is not going to be involved in the play...he's injury prone and has had a hard time staying on the field the last couple of years. I don't think they'll be playing razzle, dazzle with him anytime soon. So, you're basically going 10 players versus 11 players on defense. And the main ball carrier (Seneca Wallace) is not even that explosive. Penalty on Seattle...overcoaching by the Seattle staff.

* Chester Taylor looked really solid carrying and catching the ball today. It might be the competition he went against. It might be that he actually got to touch the ball more than twice. It might just be a fluke for some other reason...but a playoff team needs depth...and I like what I saw.

* I know I'm looking way ahead...but, I don't want to face the Packers in the playoffs. Just imagine if the Packers somehow beat the Vikings and Brett Favre, especially at the dome...the suicide rate in the state of Minnesota would spike dramatically.

* It's cool that we pulled Favre out when we had a comfortable lead. But, can we do that with Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin and others as well. These guys were still taking snaps well after Favre was pulled and these are the guys taking the hits on every play.

* I really didn't like the timing of the Childress extension...but, with that said...it was still a nice, sound win to silence the critics...for now at least.

SBG

No comments:

Post a Comment