Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm not a fan of Delmon Young

If Twins fans' don't like Delmon Young...it basically boils down that they didn't like what we (Twins) had to give up in order to get him. Especially, considering the type of year the Rays had in 2008. I am not in that crowd. In fact, I like watching the Bartlett-less Twins...I don't have to see my wife drooling over Barty's (compliments to Gardy) every at-bat anymore. Anyways, here's my rant on Delmon:

1. There's no time clock ticking down when you step in the batter's box Delmon. That means you don't have to swing at the first pitch you see. Especially, when every scouting report in the league is aware of this tendency. Do you really think they're going to groove one in for you on the first pitch?

2. There's many reports that you don't listen to anyone (manager, hitting coach, former Major League ballplayers, etc) about adjustments to your swing. In fact, you politely tell them to buzz off with four letter words. That shows a lot of confidence in yourself. However, when you have an at-bat...you hardly ever take a strike, and you would never take two strikes in one at-bat to save your life. That shows a lack of confidence on your part for not even trusting yourself with two strikes in the count. Where is the confidence at when you are actually batting?

3. If you really watch and listen to Twins broadcasts on TV while Delmon Young is playing...Dick "the biggest homer" Bremer even has subtle rips into you about your approach to the game (both hitting and fielding).

4. It's painful to watch you run. You look like my two year-old daughter prancing around in Mommy's oversized heels.

5. I get the feeling you only play the game for the stats on the back of your baseball cards.

6. You have a strong arm. However, you play balls so poorly (taking bad routes and not tracking them quick enough) that it really never becomes an asset for you.

7. I like Nick Punto more than I like you.

8. I would rather have your overweight 35 year-old brother (Dmitri Young) play left field and bat in our lineup every day over you.

9. I'm actually writing this while you are on a little bit of a hot streak too. Yet, you still only currently have 3 extra base hits (2 doubles and 1 home run) in 164 plate appearances. That's pathetic.

10. I know I'm digging up the past...but, you actually threw your bat at an umpire while arguing balls and strikes during a minor league game. John Rocker would be disgraced at that act.

SBG

No comments:

Post a Comment