Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mr. Yuck sticker...

I love when the Twins make me stay up late on a weeknight just to torture and punish me for being a fan of the team. The Twins blew a 10 run lead in Oakland last night to lose a gut wrenching game. In order to blow off some steam, I'm taking some notes from my wife...and have created an Alphabet of Frustrations from last night's loss.

Are you kidding me with Punto batting 2nd?
Brendan Harris needs to just step in the box and hit, I'm so tired of his batting routine between every pitch.
Catcher Mike Redmond has zero chance of throwing any baserunners out.
Don't make excuses (Dick and Bert) how they are stealing off the pitcher (not the catcher), Redmond sucks.
Errant throws by Punto help keep innings alive for the A's.
Foul pop ups must be caught, Justin Morneau.
Gonzalez gives up 11 earned runs 2 and 2/3's...yet, gets a no decision. Sign me up.
Holliday goes deep twice to boost his trade value.
I thought it was difficult to hit homeruns in Oakland during night games.
Justin Morneau drives in 7 RBI's in the first three innings and then disappears for the rest of the game. Isn't this a snapshot of every year in his career. He gets his numbers early and then fades away towards the end of the year.
Keppel is not the answer to the bullpen, Mr. Bill Smith.
Luckily only a couple hundred fans in the stadium had to actually witness this sad excuse of a baseball game.
Mirajes is a poor man's Dennys Reyes. It amazes me how lefties can have no velocity or movement on their pitches and they are still in the bigs because they are simply left-handed. My son Cullen will now begin to work on his southpaw form.
No one has had success in the two-hole except Mauer, says Dick Bremer...ding, ding, ding...we have a winner...put Mauer in the two spot until someone worthy actually earns that spot? (I know Mauer wasn't starting this particular game.)
Oh my god...will someone on the stinking starting rotation emerge as our #1 pitcher. I'm so sick of how fragile the mental health of all our starters are.
Punto gets rave reviews from Sean Casey and Harold Reynolds on the MLB channel after turning a double play (I go back and forth when games get this ugly)..."he is always making great plays no matter where he plays." I chuckled to myself.
Quite a trade for my new favorite GM David Kahn...I'm starting to prepare for the ultimate collapse for the Twins and trying to focus on more positive local sporting news.
R.A. Dickey needs to be used more in games such as these to switch up the pace. I know he gave up the game winning home run the night before, but Gardy and staff keep talking about how they can use him on consecutive days...this was the perfect game to insert him right after Blackburn to burn up some innings.
Stomach is turning with the lead disappearing.
Twins officially give up lead and now trail 14-13.
Ugly.
Very Ugly.
What are you thinking Gardy? Brendan Harris gets a leadoff hit in the top of the eighth...you let Redmond bat (who grounds into a double play), then you bat Mauer for Casilla with two outs and nobody on? Why not save Mauer for the ninth to bat? Or at least if you bat Mauer in the eighth...why not bat him for Redmond with a runner on?
X-rays show that Gardy has some brain farts located in his cranium.
You got to be kidding Mr. Umpire...at least you could've got into position to make a call and not stand directly behind the pitcher at home plate. I don't mind that you called him out...I complain that you weren't even in position to make a call one way or another without interference, especially when you had ample time to swing around to the other side.
Zero confidence in Delmon Young...even from teammates (Cuddyer). That's all I could think about when Cuddyer tried to score from second base on a wild pitch.

SBG

No comments:

Post a Comment