Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Week 16 Recap: Vikings @ Eagles

Missed the first few series of the game due to watching the Gophers basketball team letting a winnable game at Wisconsin slip out of their reach at the end. Here's my random thoughts on the Tuesday night football game:

* When the dome collapsed we had to play Monday night in Detroit. When we played the following week at TCF Bank we had a significant snowstorm. So, when Philly has a snowstorm they can push it back two days and no one has to travel to another site to the play the game? I don't mind if they push it back, but all the way to Tuesday? I don't get it. It must be some prime time TV drama between NBC and ESPN...because Fox and ESPN had no issue sharing the Monday two weeks ago.

* Joe Webb looked good. He didn't turn the ball over. He made clutch throws on third down conversions. He seems to have some pocket presence...and he's just an unbelievable athlete. I wouldn't mind going with him as our starter next year.

* Blitzing Antoine Winfield repeatedly last night was a brilliant move. It was as if I playing Madden. I always get bored playing defense so I just pick the same defensive play every time because I know the offense doesn't have an answer.

* How has Andy Reid lasted so long in Philadelphia? He's probably the longest tenured fat coach in the history of any sport. Fat coaches just don't last in any sport. Name one...they either have health issues or simply can't coach or players lose respect for them because they have a foot fetish.

* Leslie Frazier probably locked up the job with the Philadelphia road win. We have one stinking game left, thank god...but, can we please see a fake punt/field goal, surprise onside or some other outside the box plays. I don't care if the plays fail...I just want some entertainment and I think the fan base is getting tired of doing everything by the book, especially when we're playing for NOTHING.

SBG

No comments:

Post a Comment